Your little 1st grade scientists will LOVE learning all about patterns in space for the Earth, Sun, and Moon with this Next Generation Science Standards Unit.
Students will explore these standards-based concepts through 13 hands-on lessons, PowerPoint presentations, vocabulary, activities and more!
This 220+ page resource will make teaching Earth's Place in the Universe a breeze! Complete with step-by-step lesson plans, experiments, activities…and so much more.
This hands-on unit has everything you need to get your students interacting and exploring our Earth, Moon, and Stars.
Resource Includes: 220+ pages
- Step-by-Step Lesson Plans
- Hands-on Experiments & Investigations
- Anchor Charts
- Vocabulary Posters
- Vocabulary Mini-book
- Follow Up Activities (to Check for Understanding)
- Response Sheets
- Book Suggestions
- Video Titles & Links
- Background Information on Sun, Moon, & Stars (in easy to understand terms)
- Materials List (all objects are readily available in your classroom, the dollar store, or through donations)
- Parent Letters
- 5 PowerPoint Presentations
- Extension Activities
- Assessment Ideas
- Space Reader's Theater
Intro: What is a Scientist?
☀️ Lessons on the Sun
- Lesson 1: What's that I See?
- Lesson 2: How do I See?
- Lesson 3: What Time is It?
- Lesson 4: Telling Time
- Lesson 5: Seasons Change
- Lesson 6: Winter is a Season
- Lesson 7: Spring is a Season
- Lesson 8: Summer is a Season
- Lesson 9: Fall is a Season
Lessons on the Moon
- Lesson 10: Earth's Night Light
- Lesson 11: Pattern in the Sky
- Lesson 12: Faces of the Moon
✨ Lesson on the Stars
- Lesson 13: Star Light, Star Bring
Extension Activities for Sun, Moon, and Stars included, too!!
This unit covers the following NGSS:
Earth, Sun, Moon Patterns: 1-ESS1-1, 1-ESS1-2